FABRICATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
A Fabricator is responsible for building unique dimensional props and media under the direction of the Foreman and Director of Fabrication.
- Fabrication of dimensional media using general metal working tools, woodworking tools, HPLV spraying, air-brushing and a variety of different machinery and tools
- Develop creative building methods related to construction of props
- Follow and meet production of timelines
- Adapt quickly to the demands of challenging and unusual projects
- Read blueprints/shop drawings
- Packing, transportation, and installation of finished props
- This is a temporary full-time position, 40 hours per week
- Estimated 6-8 week term with potential to extend
- Hourly pay rate will be based on qualifications
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- BFA in a design or art related major (or 2 years of experience working in a custom fabrication shop)
- Knowledge of prop making and fabrication processes including metalworking, carpentry, and graphic production in terms of custom props
- Proven track record demonstrating the ability to meet deadlines in high stress situations
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Elevated attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Aware of relevant health and safety procedures related to working with tools and chemicals
- Physical demands: Ability to stand for long periods of time, ability to lift 50+ lbs safely
- Positive attitude is a must.
Street Factory Media provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.