We are looking to add a skilled and versatile 3D designer to the Street Factory team. You’ll work directly with the Creative Director, fellow Designers, and Account Teams. As the 3D designer, you should have a strong ability to build and design 3D environments and experiences from start to finish, rapidly prototype concepts, with strict attention to detail, and work at scale to ensure a seamless handover to our production and fabrication team. Outstanding organizational, project management, file organization, and archiving skills are a must also.
- Collaborate closely with directors, designers and fabrication team
- Transforming sketches and moodboards into photorealistic images
- 3D modeling, lighting, texturing, and rendering
- Solid understanding of materials and production techniques
- Make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolve any artwork issues that arise
- Provide image retouching and additional image manipulation
- Prepare templates/working files to connect the design team with the fabrication team
- Catalog and reference art for future projects, organizing templates, assets, materials, proofs, etc
- Dictate and follow production timelines to ensure tasks are being completed
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise with both the creative team, the printer, and the fabrication team
- Bachelor’s degree in design or other related positions is preferred. Significant examples of work in 3D design, environment design, visual arts, or a related field, along with a relevant portfolio and experience that demonstrates relevant skills may suffice in the absence of a degree. Approx 1-3 years of experience preferred.
- Candidates must be highly proficient in the latest 3D software applications, Sketchup, Rhino, V-Ray or 3DS Max is preferred. As well as Adobe Creative Suite, Google (G Suite), and should have a solid knowledge of print production.
- Candidates must have strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. These creative professionals should also be process-oriented self-starters. You’ll be expected to stay up to date with new techniques and trends through industry involvement.
- As well as a strong portfolio exemplifying design skills, ideal candidates must possess a willingness to learn on the job.
- Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
This is a local position, so candidates must be based in the greater Minneapolis-St. Paul area.
Street Factory Media provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.